6. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the Blog may be available only with registration, login, and/or a subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential, including taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when you are connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. DUI News Blog is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact the DUI News Blog immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
8. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Blog and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Blog by other users or with DUI News Blog’s operation and management of the Blog. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, DUI News Blog reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Blog. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Blog, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including DUI News Blog and Blog Parties (as defined below, Section 17), through your use of the Blog. DUI News Blog may, at its sole discretion and at any time, refuse, reject or delete any posts or other contributions made by the user.
9. Proprietary Rights. The content of the DUI News Blog includes, without limitation, (i) DUI News Blog trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “DUI News Blog Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including podcasts, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Blog (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “Blog Content”). Blog Content is the property of the DUI News Blog, its contributors, licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any Blog Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the DUI News Blog or the owner of such content if the Blog is not the owner. Any use of the DUI News Blog Marks without the Blog’s or owner’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Blog Content, including any such notices appearing on any Blog Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the DUI News Blog.
Responsibility for Use of the Internet and Websites and Exclusion of Liability. Use of the Internet and the Blog is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, the Blog does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the DUI News Blog over the Internet or other communication network. DUI News Blog shall not be obligated to correct or update the Blog or the Blog Content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information, which may appear on the Blog.
No Legal Advice and Disclaimer as to Accuracy of Information. The information on the Blog and Blog Content are for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice or a substitute for legal counsel. Use of the website or communication through the Blog, including, but not limited to, email, electronic submission, and/or telephone communication, does not create an attorney-client relationship with any of our contributing Attorneys.
The information contained in the Blog and Blog Content may or may not reflect the most current legal developments; accordingly, information on the Blog Websites are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, nothing provided on the Blog or the Blog Content should be used as a substitute for advice of competent counsel. The materials on the Blog and Blog Content do not constitute legal advice and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the DUI News Blog.
Third Party Information. The Blog may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the Blog are those of the respective third party and not of the Blog, its affiliates or contributors. DUI News Blog makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
Opinion, Accuracy and Copyright Disclaimer. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors and blog participants on this web site do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of DUI News Blog. DUI News Blog is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the authors and blog participants. Each author or blog participant is responsible for his or her own content including, but not limited to, opinions, photographs, and citations. DUI News Blog shall not be liable for copyright or other violations that may be committed by the various authors and blog participants. Any such violation shall be the sole responsibility of the posting contributor.
No Confidentiality. Any electronic communications transmitted through or posted to the Blog, or electronic communications sent directly to Blog Parties (e.g. email, contact form submission) are not confidential.
11. Links to Third Party Websites. The DUI News Blog may provide links to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which the Blog exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Blog, you do so entirely at your own risk.
12. Links to Websites, Content, Sharing of Content. Links posted by third parties to the Blog and/or Blog Content may not use the Blog trademark or logo and shall not suggest that the DUI News Blog promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Blog shall be the responsibility of the linking party. The Blog reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates the Blog’s policies, rights or causes interruption or deterioration of Blog Content.
You may download or copy Blog Content and other downloadable items displayed on the Blog for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Blog Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from DUI News Blog or the copyright holder identified in the copyright notice contained in the Blog Content.
13. Warranties Disclaimed. THE BLOG AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER DUI NEWS BLOG, ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRIBUTORS, SUBSIDIARIES, MEMBERS, WEBSITE DESIGNER, OR SITE ENGINE OPTIMIZATION PROVIDER, NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, CONTRACTORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “BLOG PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE BLOG OR BLOG CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE BLOG WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE BLOG WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) BLOG CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE BLOG. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
14. Exclusion of and Limitation of Liability. THE BLOG PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE BLOG AND/OR ANY BLOG CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE BLOG AND/OR BLOG CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE BLOG, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE BLOG; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE BLOG; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE BLOG ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND DUI NEWS BLOG’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, THE BLOG CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE BLOG (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE BLOG OR BLOG CONTENT.
15. Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 13 AND 14 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND DUI NEWS BLOG’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with an arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue a class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee or any State of court located in Knox County, Tennessee, U.S.A.
23. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the Blog must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Revised March 12, 2015
What information we collect and how we use it
Information we collect – When you browse the Sites and do not interact for any online service or product from the DUI News Blog, we do not collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address.
When you become a registered user on our Sites or provide personally identifying information on our Sites, such as submitting a blog comment, subscribing to our blog feed, participating in online surveys, submitting questions or comments or requesting information or materials, we will retain certain personal information from you. The type of personal information collected will vary but may include name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, or other demographic information. The type of information you provide will determine the personal information that is collected.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future.
- A unique number called an IP address identifies every computer on the Internet. Each time you connect to the Internet your machine is assigned an IP address. An IP address is a number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
- “Tags” refer to scripts that are used to track a visitor’s activity on our Sites by web analytics software. A visitor’s activity is anonymous if he/she is not logged in. If she/he has logged in using their username and password, additional information is passed through these tags. Tags are used for, but not limited to, determining effectiveness of the Sites design, information architecture, and consumption of information and services provided via the Sites.
How we use personal information – Once collected, we may use your personal information (except for e-mail address, which is described below) for the following purposes:
- Register you for services you have requested
- Process, fulfill and follow up on your questions or other requests
- Answer your e-mails or on-line requests
- Send information that you requested
- Ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs
- Communicate general substantive information about the DUI News Blog.
E-mail Policy – Your e-mail address will only be used within the DUI News Blog and its contributors and entities. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the DUI News Blog. For some e-mail messages distributed by the DUI News Blog and its entities, specific information on recipient response is collected. For example, we sometimes review how many recipients open and subsequently choose to click through to links provided in an e-mail message. We use this information only for the purposes of analyzing areas of interest, improving our services and enhancing the usefulness of our Sites for our users and visitors. None of this information is sold or distributed outside of the DUI News Blog in any manner.
With whom we may share information – The DUI News Blog may share personal information with our business associates in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products or services that may be of interest to you. The DUI News Blog also occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, packaging, mailing and delivering purchases and promotional offers, answering customer questions about products or services, consulting services, data modeling, printing, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service.
The DUI News Blog may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on the DUI News Blog or its contributors; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DUI News Blog or its contributors; or (c) protect the personal safety of DUI News Blog or its contributors or members of the public in urgent circumstances.
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, the DUI News Blog cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online materials or services. Similarly, like any electronic communications transmitted over the internet, electronic communications sent to the DUI News Blog or our contributors (e.g. email, contact form submission) are not confidential.
Linking to other Internet sites
Last updated January 6, 2012